Redbud Elementary School is a public elementary school located in Round Rock, Texas. With a student population of approximately 750 students in grades K-5, Redbud Elementary School is one of the top-rated schools in the Round Rock Independent School District (RRISD). This article will provide an overview of Redbud Elementary School, including its history, academic programs, extracurricular activities, and more.
History of Redbud Elementary School
Redbud Elementary School was first established in 2002 in response to the growing population in Round Rock, Texas. The school was named after the redbud tree, which is native to the area and is known for its beautiful pink and purple blooms in the spring. Over the years, Redbud Elementary School has grown to become one of the most highly regarded schools in the RRISD, earning recognition for its academic programs, extracurricular activities, and commitment to student success.
At Redbud Elementary School, the academic program is designed to challenge and inspire students while also providing them with the foundational skills they need to succeed in school and in life. The curriculum at Redbud Elementary School is based on the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) standards, which provide a clear set of learning objectives for students in each grade level. The academic program at Redbud Elementary School includes the following:
- Language Arts – Students develop their reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills through a variety of activities and strategies.
- Math – Students learn to think critically and problem-solve through the study of math concepts and skills. A fantastic read
- Science – Students explore the natural world and develop their scientific thinking and inquiry skills.
- Social Studies – Students learn about history, geography, economics, and government and develop an understanding of the world around them.
- Fine Arts – Students have opportunities to explore their creativity through music, art, and drama.
- Physical Education – Students participate in physical activities that promote health, wellness, and lifelong fitness.
In addition to its strong academic program, Redbud Elementary School also offers a variety of extracurricular activities for students to explore their interests and passions. These activities include:
- Athletics – Redbud Elementary School offers a variety of sports programs, including soccer, basketball, and track and field, for students in grades 4-5.
- Clubs – Students have the opportunity to participate in a variety of clubs, such as chess club, art club, and science club, which meet before and after school.
- Music Programs – Redbud Elementary School offers a comprehensive music program, which includes choir and band for students in grades 4-5.
- Service Projects – Redbud Elementary School encourages its students to give back to the community through service projects such as food drives, clothing drives, and fundraising events.
At Redbud Elementary School, community involvement is a top priority. The school has a strong partnership with parents, community members, and local businesses, which helps to support student learning and achievement. Redbud Elementary School offers a variety of opportunities for community involvement, including:
- Parent Involvement – Parents are encouraged to participate in school activities and events, such as parent-teacher conferences, open houses, and school performances.
- Volunteer Programs – Redbud Elementary School has an active volunteer program, which provides opportunities for parents and community members to support the school through activities such as tutoring, mentoring, and chaperoning.
- Business Partnerships – Redbud Elementary School partners with local businesses to provide resources and support for its academic and extracurricular programs.
Who can Attend
Redbud Elementary School is a public elementary school in Round Rock, Texas, and is part of the Round Rock Independent School District (RRISD). As a public school, Redbud Elementary is open to all students who live within the RRISD boundaries and meet the eligibility requirements. Students who reside outside the RRISD boundaries may also be able to attend Redbud Elementary through the district’s transfer program if there is available space.
The eligibility requirements for attending Redbud Elementary are that the student must be between the ages of 5 and 11 years old and must live within the RRISD boundaries. Students who are eligible for Pre-K may also attend Redbud Elementary. Parents or guardians of eligible students can enroll their child in Redbud Elementary by completing the district’s enrollment process. The enrollment process requires proof of residency, such as a utility bill or lease agreement, and the child’s birth certificate.
Redbud Elementary School is committed to providing an inclusive and diverse learning environment. The school does not discriminate against any student based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age. All students are welcome to attend and are provided with equal access to educational opportunities and resources. Next article
In addition, Redbud Elementary has programs in place to support students with special needs. These programs include special education services, dyslexia services, and gifted and talented services. Students who require special education services may receive support in the form of accommodations or modifications to their curriculum, such as extra time on assignments or assistive technology. Dyslexia services are available to students who struggle with reading, while gifted and talented services are available to students who demonstrate exceptional abilities in one or more areas.
Location: 1500 Ty Cobb Pl, Round Rock, TX 78665
Operation time: Monday – Sunday