5 Reasons to Visit Round Rock, Texas
Round Rock is a city in the Greater Austin metropolitan area. It is the 31st most populous city in Texas and the 4th most populous city in Williamson County. As of 2019, the population was 119,890. The city is one of the fastest-growing in the United States and is part of the high-tech corridor known as “Silicon Hills.”
Round Rock is a great place to visit for its food, music, arts, and outdoor scene. Here are five reasons why you should visit Round Rock, Texas:
1. The Food – Round Rock is home to some of the best restaurants in Texas. If you’re looking for a fantastic barbecue, you must check out Rudy’s Country Store & Bar-B-Q. For Mexican food, you can’t go wrong with either Maudie’s Tex-Mex or Miguel’s Restaurant). And if you’re just looking for an excellent ol’ burger and fries, then be sure to swing by Sammy’s Sports Grill.
2. The Music – Round Rock has a thriving music scene with something for everyone. If you’re a fan of country music, then you’ll want to catch a show at the Saxon Pub. There’s no better place for classic rock fans than the Broken Spoke. And if you’re into hip-hop and R&B, you need to check out Club Red Beats & Rhymes.
3. The Arts – Round Rock is home to outstanding arts and cultural experiences. The Round Rock Express baseball team offers family-friendly fun at Dell Diamond Stadium, and the Performing Arts Center atTexas State University hosts world-renowned performances throughout the year. And don’t forget about the countless art galleries and museums dotting downtown Round Rock!
4. The Outdoors – With its many parks and trails, Round Rock is a great place to get out and enjoy nature. One of the most popular trails is the spacious Brushy Creek Regional Trail which offers hiking, biking, and even fishing opportunities along its 10-mile length. Or, for a more leisurely experience, take a stroll through Old Settlers Park – one of the largest parks in Central Texas!
5. The Shopping – No trip to Round Rock would be complete without some retail therapy! With three central shopping districts – La Frontera Village, Creekside Shopping Center, and Premier Factory Shops – there’s sure to be something for everyone (and every budget). Plus, don’t forget about Round Rock Premium Outlets, where you can snag amazing deals on designer brands!
Round Rock is a city that has something for everyone. Whether you’re looking for fantastic food, great music, exciting nightlife, or outdoor adventures (or some retail therapy!), Round Rock has it all! So what are you waiting for? Start planning your trip today!